Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Once upon a time when I turned Fabulously 30-LIVING by my own rules.



I am feeling exceptionally bold today so please forgive me for what I am about to

say or perhaps I speak for many that are creeping up on the big 30 or have

already arrived. I am closing my eyes and I am going in so here goes!

I have spent most of my adult years spotlighting other people's talents and

while I have met some incredible, talented, and accomplished individuals-it

finally hit home one day while sitting alone on Christmas eve in what was then

an empty apartment. I asked 'where is my life going?' and if I could write my

own story 'how would it start, unfold?'.



I write these words for all you ladies out there that are taking this journey

with me as we search for self, our place in the world, Love, career, financial

independence, and those yearning for that zest to LIVE.



May today be the first day of the rest of our lives because here is the key to

attaining everything that your heart desires, it’s no BIG secret and thank

goodness its no science-whew what a relief! LIVE BY YOUR OWN RULES!

Like many of my closest girlfriends-we are free and creative spirits but society

has often jaded us into believing that our lives all consist of some kind of

blueprint for all to follow. Who are we kidding? I know for sure that I have not

followed that blueprint-I am more than content with that. So here is where I say

the heck with what other people think but instead ask - what makes my heart

sing? What makes my soul open up to my greatest creation yet? Are you still with

me?



I also write this in part with turning these frustrations into mere fascination.

People did warn me about turning 30, they said 'your body will feel things that

you have never thought possible'. I can only find one word to describe the

sensation, in short 'WOW'! I am also a lot more bold and for those that thought

I was honest before, please don't ask me for my opinion unless you really want

to hear the truth. And rejection is the thing of the past, it only fules me to

thrive for more because after all 'what have I got to lose?!'

I am finally over living up to other people's standards, it feels like the

weight of the world has been lifted off my back.

I am writing MY story, HER story, OUR story. Promise me that together we will

rip up these blueprints- make our own rules. Remember you are the TRUTH!





I am back in my apartment but this time not so quiet-the sound of music fills

the air- blaring television and ahh the sweet sound of my girls chasing and

yelling at each other-I love this beautiful disaster!



This is my story, MY RULES!

No comments:

Post a Comment